Sunday, January 13, 2019

Hello Kitty Island

2nd Jan 2019


Happy 2019! 
What better way to start it by going to a place that promise you "The happiest day trip in the world!". Here we are at the Hello Kitty Island @ Jeju






It was a chilly winter day with rain in the horizon. We scurried indoor and was enveloped in a pinkish warm atmosphere. 

Ticket price for adult: KRW 14, 000 | child: KRW 11,000 (above 2 years)

You can also purchase a Hello Kitty stamp diary where you can hunt for Hello Kitty stamps in various stations within the island. 



Hello Kitty Island spans 3 levels 




The moment we entered the building, this scene just took our breath away. A series of squeals and excitement were heard as everyone started running everywhere to take pictures and marvel at hundreds of Hello Kitty especially the giant Hello Kitty tower right in the middle. 



So colorful and cute!









Up on the second level is the Hello Kitty cafe. We didn't dine here as we just ate and will save up our appetite for Narnia. Another post on Narnia soon :)

This cafe reminded me of the Hello Kitty cafe in Taiwan which I love the cute desserts


At the second level is also the Hello Kitty bedroom



Display of more Hello Kitty merchandise, collaboration and art works













I particularly found this funny as somewhere last year, there were news and commotion over the fact that Hello Kitty is NOT a CAT! Our whole life has been a lie and Sanrio announced that this creature was in fact a little girl! I still cannot change my perception of her being a little girl as she really looks like a cat. She is still a cat to me.



This section was a little dark exuding a sleepy night ambiance. The soft lighting made the displays look really pretty and cozy. 

Just to add a random note #1 here: Twice's "Yes or Yes" was playing at this moment.






We walked down a corridor leading to Level 1 again. There were more activities for kids here. 

The School Bus that plays a short movie. 




Dance with Hello Kitty here. 





Hello Kitty was wearing "I love HK" shirt. I thought why this kitty loves Hong Kong so much? Is it imported from Hong Kong? Awhile later I realized, HK actually meant Hello Kitty. Duh!









Art activities


Cute stuff everywhere





The Hello Kitty living room & kitchen





 Looking at the map, we kind of missed Level 3 where there's an outdoor garden and a Hello Kitty maze. We took the lift up to Level 3 to check it out.




I forgot that I don't have my coat (it was kept in the locker). I stepped outside and the sudden cold just hit me hard. No wonder there's no one here but I braved the cold to take these precious shots. It was drizzling and the cold winter wind was harsh. I even tried walking the short maze but 2 steps in, I jumped out of it as it was way to cold!





A family came out as well but jumped back indoors. I needed to defrost myself after that. Ahh...the things I did for pictures. We didn't check out the Hello Kitty theater at Level 3 as we are a little bit out of time as we did not want to miss our Narnia experience.  

Just to add a random note #2 here: BTS's "Idol" was playing at this moment.

These lockers are really useful for us to keep our bags and coats. All the excess baggage are kept away for us to fully enjoy the place. It costs about KRW 500 - 1,000 per locker and depending on locker size but a small locker is large enough for us to keep 2 back packs and our  bulky coats. 



Check out the cute Hello Kitty toilets too!




Even Black Pink was here?! Well suits the "Pink" theme



As usual there was a souvenier shop at the exit. I didn't get anything as I needed to reduce more junk at home.

That's it at Hello Kitty island! It is a nice place to hang out especially with little kids or on a date or whoever who adores Hello Kitty. 



No comments: