Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Seoul Searching (The Big Wrap)

14th Dec 05

Time to pack and go back to home sweet home! Strangely enough, I do not feel heavy hearted as the holiday reached its ending. In fact, I cannot wait to go back home and enjoy the warm and humid weather. To recap my current condition:Still fever, dry flaky and itchy skin, muscle ache, nose will either be too dry or blocked. In fact, since the last 2 days I woke up wishing to go back Penang. This weather has really beaten me.

We were soon on our way to the airport. We had our breakfast in a restaurant somewhere near the airport. This building also has a shopping mart where those who still wanted to do their very last minute shopping.

During breakfast, our tour mate told us an encounter she had yesterday in the hotel. She actually saw a long hair ghost sitting in front of her boy friend’s bed. He did not see anything but his girlfriend did. Her boyfriend was watching TV and was actually seeing through the ghost. Scared, she quickly climbed up her bed and tried to sleep. She silently prayed for it to be over and did not tell her boyfriend about it until this morning.

The story freaked us out and I could see her boyfriend was also freaking out. Thank God it was our last day here and we do not have to stay in another hotel.

After breakfast, we went downstairs to the shopping mart. I saw my tour mates bought a big box of Ramen-I think containing 1 month supply of Ramen. This mart is good as for each stuff you buy, they will wrap them up tightly with tapes so that they won’t get damaged during transit.

We reached Incheon airport early. We changed to lighter clothes and waited for our plane due to depart at 11am. I cannot wait to get out of the cold. It was just like heaven as I do not have to face the grueling weather anymore.

Suddenly, our tour guide looked concerned. All of us were curious and gathered around her. Oh no! Our plane was delayed. So how long must we wait? The answer was 8:30pm tonight.
So what do we do now? Looked like we had an extra day in Korea.

Due to the extraordinary long delay, the airport had arranged us a stay in a hotel. We were also provided with a meal. We were soon transported to a hotel nearby. We were so excited when we saw the Hyatt Regency hotel. I never stayed in a 5 star hotel before. This is gonna be good. However, this was not the stop. The bus moved on further and towards Incheon International Transit hotel. Well. It was not that bad though. This hotel can live up to a 5 start status. We were given our room keys and I can tell you I cannot wait to sleep!

The room was stuffy and warm. We opened a tiny gap of the window and within no time, the room was cold. I took the nap that I needed so much. I popped in another Panadol so stop the heat. At 1pm, we went down for the free lunch. Who said there is no such thing as a free lunch? Ha! Ha!

During lunch, rumours were heard that the flight was delayed due to the MAS staff throwing a mass protest towards something. Not sure what. May be cutting down their salary or decreasing their bonus.

After lunch, I continued sleeping until it is really the time for us to catch our plane. I am getting concerned. If we depart at 8:30pm, then we will reach Malaysia around midnight.
The tour guide told us not to worry as they will ensure we have a good night sleep in KLIA. At last the plane was confirmed to depart at 8:30pm. Someone said it was snowing outside. I was so excited and ran out to catch the scene but snow? Where is the snow? Someone is lying…
We finally left Korea and the journey took us another 5 hours. I requested for another 2 Panadols as my body was getting warm and cold at the same time. It was so suffering and I dreamed of sleeping on my cozy bed. Halfway, we were given some dinner. The fish was so hard and yucky. We soon reached KLIA around 2:30am in the morning. All of us were groggy and needed to continue our sleep. We were escorted to the KLIA transit hotel and I fell asleep as soon as my head touched the pillow.

The next morning, we were given some vouchers to have our breakfast. After that, we took our plane back to Penang. Home is near! I can smell it.
We finally reached Penang around 12:30pm. I exchanged goodbyes to my tour mates and all of us went to our separate ways. When I finally reached home, I quickly unpack my stuff and jumped into my bed. It’s like heaven!
I smiled. Thinking about the amazing journey and at the same time, I am glad to be home!

No comments: