Sunday, February 24, 2019

Narnia Hi Tea @ Jeju


2nd January 2019


We have ascended to the Narnia. The magical place where we will have one of the most unique hi-tea






While building up our Jeju itinerary, I came across a highly recommended restaurant at the Seongwipo region. One look at the food served and the restaurant's beautiful location got me going ga-ga. In fact, this place was one of the reason that got my mind made to visit Jeju. The expectation is high. 

We headed to Narnia after our Hello Kitty Island trip. I mentioned that we skipped the cute Hello Kitty cafe to save tummy space for this place. 

It was about 20 minutes drive from Hello Kitty Island to Narnia. The journey took a bit longer as we need to cross a hill. Although I am not complaining as the uphill ride showed us a spectacular coastal view and a peek of Mount Sanbangsan. It is rather quiet here. We drove into a small tourist town and into a posh looking neighborhood standing on the hill. I knew we were on the right track as the homes looked similar to the exterior of Narnia. 

We arrived at Narnia and I was sooo excited. Wouldn't you, when you see that entrance? It's windy and cold so we scurried inside.  




Apparently, we were the only one here. The waitress told me that they are closed but I was a little confused as hi-tea is served at this time. It was about 3:00PM. Then, I saw what looked like the remnants of the hi-tea set from another customer and pointed to that. Then she was like "OK-OK", please have a seat. 



After placing the order, I went to the washroom for a refresher. The interior is posh and I like the water faucet that looked like a water droplet itself. That was the first toilet seat in Jeju that was heated. Ahhh....




Back at the table, tea is served. I've never seen a tea timer before. Haha! After all the bubbles float up, the tea shall be ready! 

Honestly, I don't remember which tea we chose as I just asked for their recommendation. Nevertheless, the tea is full of flavor. This is their afternoon tea menu



Now comes the moment everyone have been waiting for. As you can see from the video, the food presentation was awesome. Then the cakes were served on top of the pouring smoke and it was so beautiful. Unlike other hi tea where they serve plain scones and cheese sandwiches, the hi tea spread somewhat tickled the taste bud. 


What's On The Plate?
First Plate

  • Scone with Cranberry & Walnut
  • Muffin with Mushroom, Onion & Oregano
  • Mini Truffled Crab Meat Choux
  • Balsamic Tomato & Mozarella
  • Sandwich with Brocolli, Cucumber, Cream Cheese & Lemon dressnig

Middle Plate
  • Orange Jeju Mandarin filled with raspberry & yogurt
  • Woo-do Peanut, a rich chocolate cake
  • Hanla Mountain, made from green tea & vanilla mouse











I like the first platter a lot. However, the middle plate with all the cakes, the taste is all right. Although I must applaud the effort to make such delicate desserts. I couldn't taste the green tea in the Hanla mountain cake. As for the Jeju Orange cake, if I didn't taste the one I had at Innisfree, I would have been in awe. I know it's not fair to compare as they are not 100% the same but one can't help it as both looked alike. Among all, the chocolate cake was the better one. As it's very rich, I need to alternate my taste bud with other cakes to balance the strong chocolaty taste. 


The hi-tea set costs KRW50,000 for 2. It was the priciest hi-tea I had so far but the food, presentation and ambiance is part of the deal. Oh, there was also the outdoor fresco but who would be sitting out there in the cold? I bet it's perfect during spring. As Narnia is on high grounds, the outdoor area also provides a beautiful view of the Sanbangsan area as it overlooks beautiful cliffs and the sea.  

Will I come back here again? Yes!


No comments: