Saturday, December 13, 2008

Day 2 - 13th Oct 08

Tampak Siring - Kintamani - Ubud traditional market



Tampak Siring is our 1st stop of the day (Tampak Siring a.k.a The Holy Spring Temple). Men and women were seen bathing in the clear pools with scattering of colourful flower petals. We were lucky to catch a full moon prayer ceremony. A band of traditional musicians played on while the prayer ceremony is carried out. Before we were allowed into the prayer site, we have to wear a "sarong" with a yellow cloth tied around our waist. Not to worry if you don't bring your own sarong as the temple will provide a temporary one for you.


Outside the temple, there were stretches of tiny stalls selling handicrafts and Bali dresses. Make sure you bargain at least 50-60%. Sellers here are very aggrasive. They will use every way to lure you into their shop. I was "caught" into one stall. She did not give me the price that she said prior to me stepping inside her stall so I walked out. Havoc started as she wouldnt let me go! She held my wrist so tightly pratically begging me to buy from her. I told her to let me go as it was painful but her grip became tighter. I basically have to pry each of her fingers from my wrist and we ran like ducks out from the creepy place!





Su & I fell asleep as the ride was more than an hour towards Kintamani - the dead volcano. Jess woke us up and told us we just missed some fantastic views on the way up to Kintamani. We looked out the window and saw a panaromic sight. The ashy looking Kintamani stretched across the horizon. We had lunch at a restaurant with large windows overlooking Kintamani. Awesome!


The rest of the day were spent shopping in Ubud traditional market. Again bargain-bargain is a must!


No comments: