Sunday, September 20, 2009

Puffy

Will you come back to me?

I woke up today hearing Puffy barking. She likes to do that in the morning to tell everyone she's awake. Time to let her out. Time to play!

The barking continues. Then it dawned on me that it wasn’t Puffy. It wasn’t a bad dream. Puffy had went missing yesterday. The barking is from my neighour's Shih Tzu.

Sunday 13th Sept

My brother called. "Puffy has disappeared!"

"Are you serious?" I asked. Half hoping it wasn’t true. I dropped everything and immediately rush back home. My dad, mom and brother told me that they have searched everywhere but she’s gone.

Without wasting any second, TH and I went searching for Puffy. Calling out her name. With our flash light, we searched every nook and corner. Walked the back streets and fields.


“Puffy! Puffy!”. Nothing.


I couldn’t sleep that night. I was crying. Dazed.

Today, I have a lot to do. I need to get Puffy’s posters out and my printer chose to jam on me. I had to print it at a printing shop while picking up some florescent papers, markers, stickers & plastic covers.


It’s extremely heart breaking to see Puffy’s innocent face while making the posters. I had to stop several times to stop my trembling hands and tears. Later, the posters were distributed to pet shops, vets, sundry shop and pasted along roads and intersections.



I printed out 900 flyers and later found out I’ve over printed them. My brain wasn’t thinking straight at times of desperation. We talked to neighbours. Emails were sent out. I've contacted SPCA. Her lost was posted in several Pet Forums and Pet Finder. Friends helped to find her and spread the words. Some checked out pet shops. Some joined me distributing flyers. I really wanted to thank all of you for your help, encouragement and prayers. Your help meant a lot to me and Puffy.


With each passing moments, I felt guilty if I wasn’t out there looking for her. 1 extra flyer sent out will increase 1% of chance to find her. I need to make more posters. I need to make it bigger. I need to keep checking if the posters pasted were not damaged. Each time I drive out, I will look at each street and alley along the way. At night I’ll walk out to my front gate. Looking out. Hoping to see her running back or waiting for me at the gate. I’ll call out Puffy. But there won’t be any response.


Earlier pix of little Puffy


Let me tell you about Puffy. She’s my first dog. I particularly selected Shih Tzu as I know Shih Tzu is timid and has a gentle temperament. I was scared of dogs and Shih Tzu is a good start. Before I knew it, Puffy was chasing me around the house. She’s like a tiny fur ball but displayed a wild and extremely mischievous personality from young. She loves to bite people’s feet. She scared away big dogs as she couldn’t control her excitement when she sees them. I am not sure where her energy comes from. Even with her blood shot eyes from playing for the whole day, she still wanted to play. Some said Shih Tzu is one of the slowest dog. They are not as clever as other dogs. However, whoever who had seen Puffy would tell you otherwise. She’s a bright and hyperactive little dog. She brought a lot of laughter into my life.


Puff in box


Everyday, I will anticipate returning home from work. There she is waiting for me by the door with her tail wagging. Sometimes, she couldn’t control her excitement and will come running, biting & licking my feet. Then, we will have a play session. Sometimes, I will be down from work stress. She will sit on my lap and listen to me blabbering away. She knows when I am sad or sick. She will tone down her otherwise wild antics and come sit beside me. Licking my feet and be a good girl for the day. Now, all I had was emptiness when I come back from work. No more crazy fur ball waiting and wagging her tail.

I also remembered her sad looks whenever I go out. She will sit there and sometimes I see some tears in her eyes when she couldn’t come along. It’s so hard to leave home without her.


Puffy trying to steal the ginger bread man


Puffy likes my teddy bears too. No doubt she already has many toys but she’s still greedy. Puffy, if you come back, I will give you all my teddy bears.

Her stuff are still around. Her half empty water bottle. Her bowl I got her for her birthday. Her toys. Her leash. Her shampoo which its smell reminded me of her. A lot of people tell me that I might not be able to see her again. I know at certain point, I might need to move on. However, Puffy will always be my beloved friend. She will always be in my heart.


Young Puffy


It’s been 1 week since Puffy went away. I am not sure how is she. I really hope that whoever who picked her up will take good care of her if they decided not to return her to me. I hope she returns. I wanted to see her, to hold and cuddle my little furry friend again.

To all of my friends, I would like to ask a little favour. That is to help look out for her on your visits to pet shops and contact me if you seen her. If you are not sure if she's Puffy, check to see if her left eye lid is pink. Thank you very much!


Puffy and friends

I remember the movie “Open Season” where the little Daschund (Mr. Weenie), a house dog, ran away to join the wild. I was thinking, maybe Puffy wanted to be wild too since she behaved like a wild dog anyway. She’s probably out there with her own little adventure. Running at top speed chasing some cats.

Puffy would be saying “I wanna be vild! I wanna be vild!”. Grrr…


-I wanted to dedicate this blog to her. Puffy, my best friend forever…-


Most recent of Puffy




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17th Dec 09

It's been 3 months since Puffy disappeared. Although I felt better but I never forget her. At times, I will flip through her pictures and videos and reminiscence about her. Tying her hair and playing chase with her. There's a vacant spot in my life for a cuddly puppy. Puffy has been there for me and never let me down. I know she's just a dog but she's made me happier than some people I met. Even though she cant talk but her connection with me is even closer than regular people I talk to. When I am down, her presence just light me up again. I cant explain but people with dogs will know what I mean. Knowing that my family doesnt support me for getting another dog saddens me. I recently gave away her food, medicine and shampoo accepting the hard fact that she will (I really wanna put the word "might) not come home and there's no new member to inherit them.

All I can do is ogle at people and their dogs playing together. A dream that may not come true for me. Now, I understand the term - a dog is a man's best friend. It's tough missing someone I can count on and not allowed to have a replacement is even tougher.

3 comments:

Hobbeseus said...

Take care Puffy .. my vild fren !! wherever u r.

mylittlebecky said...

i'm so sorry about puffy! the only thing i'd say is that you should keep looking for a few months and checking back with vets and spca because sometimes they show up later. also it's sometimes helpful to put "needs medication" on the poster. if someone took her who doesn't want to deal with extra medical complications they might give her back for the reward.

good luck!

Author: QQ said...

thank you. i still think of her every night before i sleep. she'll always be in my heart & i am always ready for her when she gets to come back :)