Sunday, July 17, 2011

Los Angeles - Hollywood & Sunset Strip

10th Sept 2010

The next morning, we headed to Pershing Square to pick up our car.


Life is tough in Ernst & Young, huh?


The Jewelry District in LA



We stopped by at this quaint little street to get some lunch






Help! We're lost. Luckily these friendly policemen are here to rescue



At last, we found the car rental place. With our shiny Ford Focus, a malfunctioning GPS & a map, we journeyed to Hollywood!



I was so excited to see the famed Hollywood sign from the distance. Ladies & Gents, we are now at the Sunset Strip - where the celebrities of Hollywood come out to play. The strip is lined with posh restaurants and shops. What a change of scene from the experience we had in Chinatown yesterday. Now this feels more like LA!










Arriving at Hollywood!








A long line of human has already started outside of Jimmy Kimmel live


The famed Hollywood sign in the distance :)


Yup, it was really at a distance



Grauman's Chinese Theatre where we found handprints & footprints of our favourite stars




What big feet he has!




What big hands the Terminator aka Governator has! My hands are just as big as his palm


Even Mr. Monk had a blast in Hollywood with his DSLR!


My icon at Hollywood's Walk of Fame...RIP Michael


I am seeing stars..


.





At Madam Tussaud's Wax museum. I actually skipped this one as its pretty similar to my trip to UK's Madam Tussaud's




Man, I felt dwarfed


Time to shop for some Grammy awards


We bought tickets to Hollywood's Guiness Book of Record, Ripley's Believe It or Not & Hollywood Wax museum.

Let me tell you a secret...SKIP them! It's really not worth it. We had to figure out the wax figures and once we laughed so hard when we found out that the wax dude was actually Jackie Chan. It's better off to watch them on TV.


zzz...


zzzzzz...


zzzzzzzz...........


A sample from the Hollywood wax museum... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (snore...)


Light escaping from Hollywood


Hollywood, The Kodak Theatre & Grauman's Chinese Theatre are much smaller than I thought. With the hype given to Hollywood, I was expecting something that will blow me away. Perhaps there was no celebrities or movie premier on that day. However, it's still a must see for someone visiting LA for the first time & I can finally cross out my "To-Visit-Places" in my list :)

No comments: