Sunday, July 17, 2011

Los Angeles : Beverley Hills & Downtown LA

"Beverley Hills, that's where I wanna be? Living in Beverley Hills"...can't get this song out of my head while we head to Beverley Hills today. Woohoo!

Thanks to the GPS, We got lost and went round the highways for several hours. I am not sure how we ended up in Beverley Hills. But we did!


90210, the postal code I wished to write at the back of my letters.





We stopped behind a Hollywood sight seeing bus. All the tourists sitting at the sun decked of the bus was looking at this house. We still wonder how's house is this? A celebrity perhaps?





Tall palm trees lined up each streets of Beverley Hills






We spent another few hours finding our way back to Pershing Square with the broken GPS. It doesn't help that our only hope - The map just showed the main streets. Luckily the skyscrapers guided us like the stars in the sky









After handing over the keys, I was glad that we reach places faster by foot. All the focus in finding the road signs while in the car, we totally missed out the beautiful buildings in downtown LA. It's great to be able to take picture of these building rather than from a moving car.

















We were hungry and it doesn't take much thinking to settle for KFC when we saw it. I really love the mash potato and salad. Although the chicken is a tad too oily but it tasted really good!
Instead of a soft bun at home, it was replaced with scones (could be called something else but it tasted and looked like scones to me).



Downtown LA has the Jewellery Street, Fashion District, Toy District etc. I hope to find the high fashion clothes and the quirky ones in Fashion Street. Just like Japan's Harajuku.

This is what we found in Fashion District. I was speechless! Eeww...Even my grandma will not wear them!



No comments: