Saturday, August 10, 2019

O'Sulloc Tea House & Innisfree

1st January 2019


Happy New Year! 
I am so glad that this place opens on this day. I've seen so many bloggers and tubers here and here we are to join the fun!










It's drizzling and very windy. People scurried inside from the cold wind. Only a few of us braved ourselves outside. I mean the tea plantation is what we came for and I would regret it if I didn't. With numbed fingers, I made several quick snaps before rain came pouring. 






Running back into the warmth



A beautiful art at the entrance


O'Sulloc small tea museum leading to the main tea house











Tea tasting. Yums!



The zen like setting with the winter background seen through the clear glass wall of the tea house



 

Such beautifully packaged tea sets ๐Ÿ’œ



Everyone came here for the famous dessert made from O'Sulloc green tea. Green tea ice cream, green tea cake. Oh...They looked so tempting.

However, we did the opposite and didn't order anything. Really?! 




Yes, really we did not had the famous O'Sulloc green tea desserts in Jeju. The place where O'Sulloc's green tea is derived. That's because we had that before in Seoul. No doubt it's heavenly but the place is crowded and we are saving our stomach for something different. 

Next to O'Sulloc tea house is the Innisfree Jeju house. Innisfree famous for its Jeju green tea skin care and I am picturing Yoona now. 








Unlike O'Sulloc, the Innisfree house is less crowded. I really enjoyed the ambiance and look at the dessert here. It's a whole new level and this is WHAT we've been saving our stomachs for.










I was staring at the display and I just cannot make up my mind. They are all so pretty and I want to have them all. In the end, I settled with the Jeju Female Diver Basket Brunch (KRW16K) and Jeju Hallabong dessert (KRW 7.5K). Hallabong the special orange in Jeju which coincidentally is the Hallabong fruit season. You can see it everywhere and there are streets after streets of shops selling them. The trees are everywhere in the public area and I wonder if you can just pick them up to eat?

OK back to the food...

It came exactly like the display. If not even better. The rice balls with seaweed, miso soup, egg with seaweed all rested on a bed of vegetable garden.



This dessert is a true work of art. I cant get myself to eat it. It's too pretty ๐Ÿ’œ
I was admiring the amount of time spent curating this dessert. Did they actually poke every single dot to make the hallabong skin texture?




Let me break the Hallabong dessert down. The base started off with coconut panna cota. Hazelnut crumbles were sprinkled on top of it. The hallabong sat in the middle of it. Cracking the hallabong skin exposes the layers inside made of mango mousse and in the heart of it was the Jeju hallabong and tangerine compote. Unlike some dessert that just looked good but tasted meh...this is seriously good with the concoction of several flavors with the mix of hardened, soft and crunchy texture.

Writing this made me feel like I need to fly to Jeju now to have another one of these!



The bathroom walkway. It's so cold!



Can I sleep in this bathroom?


One more look at the picturesque garden outside the Innisfree Jeju House. Winter brought up beautiful shots. So stay warm and you'll enjoy the serene feeling of Jeju. 



What a dreamy place to spend new year. I wish it'll be like this every year. ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’‘

No comments: