Saturday, January 11, 2020

Jeju Town

5th Jan 2019


We arrived in Jeju town on the evening of 3rd Jan from Seogwipo and spent 2 nights here. My main intent was to shop! 






I wanted to hunt for Holika Holika products and in the whole of Jeju, there were only 2 locations. One of it was at the Shilla Duty Free center in town. We headed there after dinner and I made a bee line to the Holika Holika shop. I was disappointed that it was just a tiny counter and the price was touristy. There wasn't even the full range of products and the product my friend wanted wasn't there. I came out empty handed. 

The next day, I dropped by at Lotte Duty Free mall. There were many Chinese tourists in there contributing to the sales. Anyway, it was too high end for my small pocket. 

I walked out and into Etude House and Nature Republic. Bought some cosmetics and masks. Saw the VT x BTS range and I got nervous standing next to a giant poster of BTS. OMG, silly me! 😋



It rained that night and we spent our time in Jeju town's E-Mart (again) after dinner






We were pretty hungry and searching something for dinner. There wasn't any restaurant in E-Mart except for its food court but it looked empty with about 2 stalls. We headed back to the hotel in search of other food. Lo-behold we discovered BHC is just next to the hotel. This was the best fried chicken ever. This was the smallest set sold and 2 of us couldn't even finish it! I like the chicken dipped in the sweet chilli sauce. The next time I have this, I will just have the chicken entirely in sweet chilli sauce. 





It's the last day in Jeju and before we head to the airport, we had breakfast at Paris Baguette again. 







I saw this shop from across Paris Baguette. With the chef's face in front of the shop made this place looked promising. So lucky to have found this shop as they sell the Korean fresh cream pastry (I don't know what it's Korean name). Bought some to have it at the airport but it was kind of squashed by then  😛





We boarded the plane and I had my favorite Pak Nasser's Nasi Lemak accompanied by banana milk. I thought the banana milk was lost until it got found by airport security. 





Jeju Trip at a glance

I didn't really enjoy Jeju town. It was harder to drive here as the lanes were small and can fit only 1 car although it was a 2 way road. Shopping was pretty boring here unlike Seoul. It was more of town for Jeju folks to go to banks and services. I love the southern part of Jeju though. Seogwipo & Seongsan are a must. The next time I visit I would like to check out Aewol and the center of Jeju towards Mt Hallasan. Car rental folks were quite concern if we are going to Mt Hallasan during winter as we'll need snow tyres. Of course I'd like to go during a different season the next time to see the full bloom of Jeju!


No comments: