Saturday, January 4, 2020

Seogwipo : Ocean Tree Hotel, Jeju World Cup Stadium, Beach

31st Dec 2018 - 3rd Jan 2019


Seogwipo is my favorite location in Jeju. It is at the southern part of Jeju and the temperature is milder which made it more bearable against the cold. Seogwipo exudes a livelier vibe and chains such as Starbucks and McDonalds gave a sense of familiarity to tourists. We will be anchoring in Ocean Tree Hotel for the next few days as we check out the beaches, Hello Kitty Island, O'Sulloc & Innisfree House, Jeju World Cup Stadium and more in Seogwipo!



As we drove towards the hotel, we passed by the Jeju World Cup Stadium. What a beautiful structure against the clear blue sky.





Lotte Cinema is located in the stadium and at the entrance is the Bangsa Tower.




Right down the road is the Ocean Tree Hotel. The location couldn't be any better where it's walking distance to the sea front, shops, restaurants and our favorite E-Mart. Although we drove to E-Mart as it's still about 15 mins walk there. 





I enjoyed this hotel where it comes with a mini but well equipped kitchen. We cooked our breakfast here (breakfast not provided by the hotel). The cute fridge kept all my banana milk chilled which made me 😁😁😁 






The place was clean and well heated. Many small towels were provided and we can get more small towels at the reception if we need more. I've stayed in Seoul before and we were also provided with small towels. What's with the small towels?



The outdoor pool was closed during winter for obvious reasons



Fast forward to 3rd Jan where it's our last day in Seogwipo and we just checked out from the hotel. We headed to the beach down the road. I was blown away by the sight! If only I knew this was so beautiful, I would have come here every day. 






This was not a typical sandy beach but this one was filled with black rocks. I wondered if it's volcanic rocks? There is a pier at the distance and a cycling trail. On the other side was the view of the snow capped Mount Hallasan.

The weather was good today although it was still cold to my standard. Looking at the blue sea, blue skies, the small islands, fresh cool air, canola flowers blooming and Mount Hallasan at the distance just felt surreal and I just don't want to go yet...











Well, I had to head back now. I particularly loved these restaurants with glass walls overlooking the beautiful ocean. 


I don't know why but this was taken from McDonald's. The kids toilet bowl is so cute!


No comments: