Sunday, February 23, 2020

Beef Noodle & Platinum Fashion Mall

7th Oct 2019

Early this morning we had our breakfast at a beef noodle shop just around KC Place at Thanon Nikhom Makkasan Rd. We passed by this shop the other day and the aroma was very enticing. The shop was brimming with customers and take away customers. At 70 baht for a standard bowl, it was really delicious. We thought the broth will make us thirsty later (just like many hawker noodles), but it didn't. 



Jess's bowl



My bowl. 
Opted for sliced beef only cause I don't know how to eat all the misc parts.



After our light breakfast, we waited for our Grab at the intersection towards KC Place. KC Place is right at the end of this small road. It was just a few steps but note that the road is too small for cars so we always asked our driver to drop us at this spot.



Also at this spot we can see the Airport link. One of the good trait of KC Place is this and down this main road were all the big malls. Walking towards the Airport link was the beef noodle shop on the left where we just visited. 



Our Grab arrived and he was looking at us weird. It turned out that Platinum Mall was just down the road but we took a Grab there where the car need to turn quite a big round to get us there with the traffic. Walking probably was faster. Anyway, he was really nice and told us all the great places to shop in Bangkok and the mall for electronic gadgets. We wished we had enough time. 

Here we are at the Platinum Fashion Mall entrance. What a bright sunny day. 




Take a look at the massive spread of shops!




So what's the plan? What's the plan? We need a plan to tackle this place and obviously we can't finish browsing all the shops. So we did a top down strategy which was a pretty good idea as it was less crowded higher up. 

We got these cute recycled bags for ourselves and friends at 80 Baht per piece. What I noticed is there was a limit to the bargain in this mall. The price will become cheaper based on the bulk purchase tier but once the limit is reached, the wholesale price is fixed no matter how many additional pieces you buy. They will not sell to you... so just don't waste anyone's time and energy bargaining more. 



After spending several hours of shopping, Jessica wanted to rest at Amazon Cafe. So I went ahead to venture into more shops. Earlier, we did a good sweep of the shops at level 6, 5 and 4. I went to Level 3. By the time I reached Level 2, I just can't anymore. 

I browsed, I shopped, browsed, shopped, up & down the mall .... and I started to get dizzy. Everything started to look the same. Glanced at my watch and we had spent about 6 hours shopping here! 

So, I went back to Jessica but I didn't know how to go back. The shops were all the same and I am stuck in a maze. I got into a clearing and asked the receptionist and luckily I was at the right wing now. I just needed to head upstairs. 

While heading up, I grabbed another dress. I think it was 100 Baht per piece. Sent a message to Jess. "Which one?" Then I grabbed the right one. 



Here are some of the shops that caught my attention















Platinum Mall has one of the better food court.

The tomyam was creamy & yummy with the onsen egg that was well marinated. Yumsss... 

Jess had the rice with generous amount of side dishes. Forgot how much that cost but it was cheap for what she took.




Oops...this was someone else's. My phone was hungry so I fed it first.



It was the era of brown sugar boba milk craze. We were so excited to see Tiger Sugar.
Heard it has one of the best brown sugar boba milk but we haven't had a chance to try it at home. So why not try it right here, right now?!




I got the famous Cha Tra Mue that Jess was raving about. After drinking Tiger Sugar, there were still a bunch of boba at the bottom but there were no more milk. This was constantly the dilemma of a boba tea drinker. So, I mixed Cha Tra Mue thai tea into it. Wow! Did I just invented a new concoction? The taste was on another level. Perhaps the sugar level too. Hahaha! 



There was also a Thai snacks shop at this level. We bought a bunch of snacks from here.


Starbucks Coffee was at the basement level



Stepping outside, the bright sky had disappeared. We really shopped from morning till night. 

The atmosphere outside had changed into an outdoor food stall. 





We were about to head to Icon Siam next but our Grab took forever to arrive. We had 2 cancellations too. Traffic was bad. It was almost 7PM and we decided to just cancel the trip to Icon Siam. We were kind of disappointed but boy was that a good decision. If we were to push ourselves there, we probably will reach there and watch the gate close on our faces. 

Instead, we decided to walk around the city center towards other malls like Big C and find a decent dinner. We were also starving at this time. To be continued in the next post...

No comments: