Sunday, February 28, 2021

Seen Space, Hua Hin

6 Feb 2020


 There is a story behind this place and the story was not planned to be written in the first place.


This is Seen Space, Hua Hin.  



One of the top attraction that I wanted to visit in Hua Hin is Plearnwan. Tourists were raving about this place. We were driving round and round but could not find it. While busy scolding the GPS, I took a look at the building where our car stopped. Dude...this looked like the entrance of Plearnwan. But, but what happened to it? Pulling up local news about this place, I found that we were a little too late. The place was permanently shut down due to the economy. 31st Jan 2020 was its last operating day and today is 6th Feb 2020. Six days too late. So sad 😭



Not wanting to leave this area without any good memory, I searched up for some attraction nearby. Then, I found Seen Space. 



The trip here involved driving into the narrow road of a coastal neighborhood. At some point we thought we were lost again but later on, we emerged into a wide road. The cloudless sky made the temperature rise. Hobs was put off from the scorching sun so I decided to represent the party to visit this place as they waited for me in the car. 

Seen Space is Hua Hin's shopping village by the beach front. On this day however, there were just a few shops and most of them were closed or vacant. I can see the impact of the economy on this place too. It was Feb 2020 where we still didn't know the virus could turn into a pandemic that crippled the world. I wondered if this place and some of the places we visited in Hua Hin made it through. 

Note: I just made a quick check and found the place was temporarily closed now 😭. I hope it will open again some day but if not, I hope this post paid a good tribute to it.


Anyway, back to Seen Space on a hot sunny afternoon, Feb 2020


I was amazed by the geometrical & industrial look of the place. 



I particularly loved this scene. So pretty!


There was a lush garden in the middle and walking further led to a bar serving tourists who were busking under the sun by the ocean. 





It is a nice sight. If not for Plearnwan's closing down, we wouldn't have come to this place. So now, Seen Space has a space in my blog 😊



No comments: