Sunday, May 23, 2021

The Shore Oceanarium, Elements Mall, Skydeck @ Hatten City


The Shore Oceanarium

Apart from Langkawi's Underwater World, this aquarium is another interesting one in Malaysia. It is not huge but worth a visit while in Melaka especially if your little ones are bored. Although it is smaller but it is highly engaging than Underwater World with various 3D interactions, fish feeding activities, collecting stamps along the route and tanks where you can put your head in while the fishes circling around your head.

OK, no more spoilers! Let's head to The Shore mall and the aquarium is at the top level of the mall. The only CAUTION I have is there is no restroom inside the aquarium and no re-entry after you exit from the place. So, do what you have to do before entering. 





Apart from the aquarium, there is also the Toy Museum. Hmm, the mall looks empty and nobody is seen in the Toy Museum. 




Here we go!



Touch pools for starfish, stingrays and catfish. This is really cool as unlike other aquariums I've been, they don't offer such a variety of sea life to touch. 





Not a touching matter! Can you see electric sparks in the body?



One of my favourite pool featuring giant groupers. 




The giant grouper is as big as me!

There was a couple and the girlfriend was so afraid to walk past this tank. She was squirming and her boyfriend kept encouraging her. They were stuck for at least 15 minutes. I have not seen such reaction from an adult. Either she has a phobia or maybe just getting some ahem...attention. Haha!







The illuminated cylindrical tanks are the WOW factor of this place. 




Love this stingray family swimming above our heads




Picture perfect zone with Arowana friends





Leaving you to be hypnotized with these as it does to me. 




Indeed a fun experience at The Shore Oceanarium. I heard there are entrance discounts now.
Website: https://www.oceanariummelaka.com/index.php



Hatten City


This is the new city in Melaka. Situated by the Straits of Melaka where we stayed at Double Tree Hilton for the remaining time in Melaka. More to come about our stays in the next post. 

The beautiful panorama views were taken from the hotel itself. Pictured here is The Imperio boasting its state of the art architecture. Roads are larger compared to downtown Melaka with new and older buildings neatly lining up the roads. 





Connecting the Double Tree Hotel is...

The Elements Mall.

Modern and beautiful design but with lack of shops and an illusive crowd. The quiet scene is similar to The Shore mall. I wonder where are all the people? We were checking out all the floors and some of the floors were completely empty and deserted. Quite creepy. There was a convenience shop and some clothing shops at the ground level. 





One thing great is the Elements Mall has a cinema too. We watched a movie and had our dinner here too. Hmm...imagine a mall with nothing to eat that you need to dine in their cinema. 

But one thing that got me crazy was this!





I wanted to buy the whole collection but realized that it was too much for my pocket. Looking at my one luggage bag that I shared with the family too, I need to make the toughest decision to choose among these. I remember sitting at the corner for almost half an hour debating with myself. It was a tough life!

OK, I ended up buying 2 sets of this. Meaning there are 4 BT21 cups. The BT21 giant cups are sooo cute and high quality. I had them in my room next to me as I write this blog. Hehe!
Guess which one I got? 

On top of the cups, it came with Coca Cola glasses too. How do I carry them back home?

After buying the second set, we gave the large popcorn to the next movie go-er in line. The grandpa & grandma were so happy! It was unexpected but, I felt so happy seeing them this happy. 

We also utilized the gift vouchers for discounted movie price. Hobbes crept down from the hotel in the middle of the night for a midnight movie catch. How convenient is that? I think he had the cinema to himself. Simple pleasures...



Sky Deck


On the last night, we headed up to the Sky Deck. We got free entry to the Sky Deck from staying in Double Tree. There is a high end restaurant there. With the cool night breeze, the atmosphere and the view of the cityscape was fantastic from here. 





 

No comments: